Up & Running – Sat 8th April ’17
Course Start / Finish / times
|Race||Race Start||Bike Trans. 1||Finish||Start Time|
|62k Extreme||Sliabh Sneacht Centre||Lough Fad||Sliabh Sneacht Centre||8:00:00|
|41k Sprint||Sliabh Sneacht Centre||Lough Fad||Sliabh Sneacht Centre||9:30:00|
|22k Mini Adventure||Sliabh Sneacht Centre||Mountain||Sliabh Sneacht Centre||10:30:00|
Race morning arrival; – Arrive at Start at least 90mins before your race start time to collect your race pack and then leave your bike at the Lake Transition which is only 3 mile away then return to start.
Water / Transition Stations
The Shore 2 Summit Adventure race is a self supporting event so runners are advised to have personal arrangements in place for hydration and nutrition. Transition area’s / Water stations are located as follows;
|End of Run 1||Lake Transition||Water & fruit|
|End of Kayak stage||Lake Transition||Water & fruit|
|End of Cycle 1||Mountain Transition||Water & fruit|
|End of mountain Climb||Mountain Transition||Water & fruit|
|End of Cycle 2||Finish||Water, fruit & bars – Hot Food|
Food and Drink – Ensure that you have taken sufficient food, fruit, carbohydrates, gels, or whatever does it for you, with you to maintain your energy levels throughout the race.
- Bike Transition 1 – Extreme & Sprint – Bike transition 1 is located at the Lake, competitors will be required to leave their bike at Transition 1 before race start
- Bike Transition 2 – Mini Adventure – Bike transition 2 is located at the standing Monument at the base of Sliabh Sneacht.
*You can choose to drop bike at transition prior to collecting race pack if it is more convenient,
* You can leave backpack or bag at bike transition, please ensure it is secured/ strapped to your bike. Any packs will have to travel with you on the bike. Ensure pack is waterproof.
Race Day Support – in brief
The following race support is intended to ease any concerns you may have about the challenge and to ensure that you maximise your enjoyment.
- Stewarts along course to ensure your safety. Stewarding will be placed based on race category times,
- Course markings are clear so no worries about getting lost.
- Entire mountain course will be marked with flags
- Distance markers every 5k
- Lead Car with clock and race warning on tarred roads
- Water station at all transition area’s. – Marshalls will have a supply of water if needed.
- Vehicular surveillance at random.
- Toilets available at designated public places.
- First Aid support throughout Doctor on Call.
- Brush wagon and surveillance for all slower participants or non finishers
- Buffet refreshments at finish.